Saturday, January 30, 2016

Honey Mustard Chicken

This is another family favorite recipe. I have no clue where my mom found this recipe. My mom introduced this dish to the family in the late 1980’s/early1990’s. That is the earliest I remember eating it. It is a fairly easy dish to make.

Typically it is made as a baked dish, but I can see it turned into either a slow cooker or braised dish. We tend to serve it on or with rice. As other side dishes, I can see mustard or other varieties of greens being eaten with this. It is a sweet and sour dish. The sweet comes from the honey and the sourness comes from the mustard.  
   
                           

It is a simple dish with four main ingredients: chicken, mustard, honey, curry powder. I do not see this working well with potato or noodles dishes. Rice seems to work best. The braising version would be to brown the chicken then add sauce and some water and braise it for 30 minutes to an hour.

I finally made this again on September 28, 2015. I used chicken hind quarters, drumsticks and thighs, due to finding them on sale. Thighs are able to stand up to the strong flavors of the sauce better than breast meat. I made them in the traditional baked manner.


Honey Mustard Chicken

4 lbs of chicken or one whole chicken cut up into pieces
1 cup Honey
½ cup of Mustard
2 Teaspoons Curry Powder


Pre-heat oven to 350.  Mix sauce together. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Turn half way through cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment