Sunday, January 3, 2016

Introduction

                                                Chile relleno casserole

Kitchen Comeback Chronicles is my culinary journey of rediscovery. I initially got back into cooking again for health reasons. I soon realized I loved it. I missed being able to be the mad scientist and experiment. Cooking to me was play and the food was my outlet to have fun. I  began this journey in May of 2015. For me cooking is a way of life and a part of me locked away for years. Between 2002 to 2011 I went from cooking from scratch to relying heavily on prepackaged and processed food. The longer it went on the worse it got.


                                                 Rick's chili con carne

In December of 2011, I left a bad relationship, one that had changed in the way I cooked and ate. However between 2011 and 2015, I had been dealing with other situations that made me reluctant to give up convenience foods. I ended up with a new doctor who wanted me to get healthier and my weight was an obstacle to that. From April of 2015 to the end of 2015, I came close to losing 50 lbs in that time.

                                                   Rick's veggie pizza

The first 6 posts here are dated before the launching of this new blog. They are from my main blog The Fumbling Forwards Blog. These are the Food-centric pieces I wrote. The Kitchen Comeback Updates will be mirrored in both this and my other blog. This blog will also include some in depth pieces on various dishes I have made, successes and failures, my history with a particular dish, and any planned tweaks to it.


                              
                                        Rice noodles in Thai peanut sauce

Some of the pictures I am using are not the greatest in quality. I was using my phone's camera, which is not the best in quality. I use what I got. My style of cooking gravitates towards Latin and East Asian flavors. I like to try new things and I like to see what works and what does not. There will be a few dishes with no pictures. Those are from an earlier point where I was not as good as I am now about taking pictures of new dishes. I also will not be taking pictures of the dishes I cook again. The plan is to also do opinion pieces about various subjects that are food related as well.  Stuff I felt uncomfortable covering on the personal Journey/pop culture blog since I thought it was too much how the sausage is made.

                                                        10 layer salad

No comments:

Post a Comment