Sunday, February 7, 2016

Asparagus and Mushroom Salad

This is the fourth recipe I have made from Best-Ever: 500 Simply Delicious Recipes cookbook by Bay Books. I chose this because I was working on decreasing my meat intake seriously. I had to do some translating with this recipe. Rocket equals Arugula. Capsicum equals bell pepper. The ingredients are asparagus, button mushrooms, arugula, red bell pepper, garlic, honey, stone ground mustard, lime zest, lime juice, orange zest, orange juice, lemon zest, and lemon juice.

                           

The honey, juices, zests, and mustard make the dressing. The asparagus is blanched. The mushrooms are sautéed in the dressing. Then all is combined. It is a very simple up front salad.

I made this dish on November 14, 2015. The pepperiness from the arugula contrasted with the fresh flavor of the asparagus and the bright notes from the citrus. The tanginess from the mustard was cut wonderfully by the honey and the earthiness of the mushrooms. I liked it.


Next time I have to be careful not to get white rind when zesting the citrus. Other than that I pretty much nailed this recipe. I am most assuredly going to make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment